Sunday 1 March 2015

The British Museum - A sad tale



Damn! I wish I didn't miss the bus for this trip...


Now, I do like to go on trips to museums, and was looking forward to going on this trip to go to the British Museum located in central London. I know the bus journey there and back would have been painful however, as I do get travel sick badly.

However, from talking to my friends who did go (and with the help of 'Google results') I got an idea of what happened on the trip.




Since London is the capital of England, it seems logical to say that getting into London was going to be a nightmare due to the traffic, in fact whenever I went to London there was always tons of traffic and the odd bit of road rage. However, once all the road rage is over with and you get to the museum you can forget about the journey and start to become engrossed with the different eras of History.

I know for a fact that if I went to the British Museum I'd be most focused with seeing the 'Royal Game of Ur', after all, I've been studying this ancient board game the most and would of loved to see it in its original form. Since I couldn't see it first-hand, I searched for some images of what it would look like at the museum.

I was able to find another student's pictures of the game in its glass container when he went on the same trip back in 2011, however rather than copying them I'll post a link to his blog post here: http://scott9602.blogspot.co.uk/2011/11/british-museum-trip-that-almost-no-one.html

Overall, I would have loved to have gone on the trip, however, this does not mean that I won't ever go, I do plan to go sometime soon and will be able to see for myself the Royal Game of Ur in its natural glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment